This individual will be working directly with the Information Systems Manager to support the Amgraph infrastructure. The position requires technical support for all IT operations throughout both of Amgraph Packaging’s Baltic and Watertown locations. The ideal candidate will have experience working on a small IT department and have a strong versatile skill set. This position’s main responsibilities include installation, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software on or related to virtual desktop’s, servers, networking, printers, various hardware systems, and Cisco networking. Must possess a strong background working in a virtual environment, have excellent interpersonal, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Troubleshoot, Maintain VMware, Horizon 8, Veeam, and various other virtual environments including virtual servers, golden images, pools, and security practices.
- Installs, upgrades, troubleshoot and repairs of hardware and software on or related to virtual desktop computers.
- Provide level 2 Help Desk support which includes all levels of support of production equipment and staff members.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems at all times.
- Replicate user issues and perform troubleshooting to find root causes.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and other resources.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware utilized and supported by organization.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors problems to facilitate timely resolutions.
- Perform hands on fixes at the desktop level including installing and upgrading software, firmware, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications.
- Maintain and troubleshoot proprietary material handling ERP software and systems from vendors such as EFI Radius, and Intermec.
- Plan, develop, implement, and maintain programs, policies, and procedures to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
- Install, configure, and maintain the operating systems environment including systems servers, operating systems, and patch the various software and hardware’s used within the company.
- Assist with maintaining networks including hardware and software that permit the sharing and transmission of information.
- Assist with the administration of databases used to store and retrieve data and develop standards for the handling of data.
- Provide technical support for standard and proprietary desktop software. Relate to a diverse group of people, including team members, senior management, business customers, and vendors with courtesy and in a constructive, professional manner.
- Support HikVision camera system and software.
- Support MITEL Phone Systems including PBX, Fax Finder, Apple Cell Phones, Comcast products such as internet, cable, and phone lines.
- Experience identifying and working within Virtual Environments, previous networking supporting Cisco networking equipment, Veaam etc…
- 5 years’ experience working within VMware, and Horizon clients.
- Knowledge of equipment pieces, including barcode and LaserJet printers, thin clients, desktop computers, handheld scanners, and other communication hardware, etc.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware and operating systems.
- Knowledge of various software, such as Microsoft Windows operating system, MSOffice Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google applications including Chrome.
- Experience following processes, recommending improvements, translating technical terms to non-technical users, solving technical problems and working in a team environment.
- Hours of support require weekend, holiday and/or off-hours shift coverage.
- Preferred Certificates include VMware, Security Plus, Network Plus, Microsoft, Cisco or CompTIA.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge working with Crystal reports.
- Experience building and maintaining databases (such as Web, Access and SQL).
- Knowledge of network topologies, and supporting Cisco networks.
- Experience coordinating service requests with appropriate IT team.
- Experience with operating production laser and thermal Barcode printers.
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Occasional travel – You will be expected to travel for this position to our Watertown Facility on a rotational basis.
If it sounds like a great place to work, it is!