Amgraph Packaging Inc. is one of the country’s recognized leaders in the Flexible Packaging industry, committed to quality and customer satisfaction. We currently have the following Pre-Press Manager Position at our Baltic facility.
Ideal candidate has experience in a graphics and manufacturing environment. The successful candidate has a high sense of urgency, has proven project management and communication skills. Attention to detail, good mathematical and grammatical skills to support sales and production in a team environment is also essential. This position will interface with clients and staff and sales as a project manager role. Ability to learn technical information is essential. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software and understanding of Flexographic printing and prepress is a must.
Graphics essential duties:
- Manages all artwork preflight for incoming artwork from our customer base.
- Serves as the preferred contact for all Flexographic based artwork for the customers and staff.
- Determines at first point-of-view if the project is a good fit for Flexo or if it should be run Gravure/Offset.
- Advise Sales, customer service staff and clients on alternative graphic options based on the project artwork, material selection and technology.
- Exercise good judgment and decision-making based upon the client’s requirements and the plate making and printing processes being used.
- Serves as the preferred contact with customers as the technical Graphics resource that helps meet customer needs and insures their prepress projects are successful and timely.
- Manages all graphics, proof & printing plate orders with all trade shops that Amgraph uses for all Flexographic based items.
- Manages the Print Tooling number system software and issues all plate tooling numbers for the Flexographic side of jobs.
- Manages the Color Cert System for the Watertown Facility. This includes all entries into the system.
- Works with the prepress shops to insure proofs and designs meet the customers’ expectations.
- Creates all PO’s for the outside Graphics Houses for all prepress work and plates for all Flexographic jobs.
- Works to assist in-house Prepress in getting their skill level to an acceptable level to start to perform more of the Flexographic Prepress & Color Work.
- Maintains ongoing communications with production personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems that have occurred with Flexographic profiles, plates and jobs.
- Will be the face of the company for all Customer Approvals at the Watertown facility.
- Familiarity with Flexographic Photopolymer Plates and Print Specs a must.
- Running closed loop finger prints, reading data and developing curves.
Projects essential duties:
- Manages all graphic and logistics for projects, through completion.
- Coordinates project meetings when needed.
- Uses price list tools and programs to develop basic price estimates, which are reviewed prior to presentation for quoting purposes.
- Advises Estimators on Press Speeds, # of Lanes & Plate Pricing.
- Maintains ongoing communications with production personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Attends regular Production, Trial & Project meetings.
- Works in a team environment.
- Works with R&D department for Flexographic trials.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and develop creative design within tight deadlines, prioritizing workloads and projects.
- Competitive Wage & Benefit Package
Amgraph Packaging, Inc.
C/0: Human Resources Dept.
90 Paper Mill Rd.
Baltic, CT 06330
Amgraph Packaging is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer