Accountable for the management of all AMGRAPH Inc. printing operations, including all personnel and equipment in offset, rotogravure and flexographic areas.
- Manage the efficient operation of all print equipment. Use the principles of continuous improvement to maximize performance and minimize waste. Ensure accurate reporting of time and material consumption.
- Effectively oversee the hiring, developing, training, and reviewing of all printing employees.
- Promote safety in the printing process through safe departmental practices and procedures.
- Coordinate effective equipment manning to meet customer requirements including coordination of vacation schedules.
- Initiate and use SPC tools to effect process controls and improvements.
- Support the preventative maintenance process to ensure the continuous operation of equipment with a minimum of process variation.
- Support SMED make-ready reduction efforts.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality produced in the printing operation. Ensure that the level of quality meets or exceeds the customer requirements.
- Participate in pre-production development efforts to promote cost effective engineering of all jobs. Ensure jobs are engineered to meet or exceed customer expectation and requirements by minimizing process variation.
- Participate in post-production efforts. Review job cost-out performance variance, identify opportunities for improvement or for elimination of problems through root cause analysis, corrective action, and follow-ups.
- Manage departmental budgets and supplies. Ensure that supplies and essential spare parts are on-hand when needed.
- Develop effective communication and coaching skills. Promote employee empowerment. Manage through delegational and motivational techniques.
- In conjunction with senior management, develop and implement goals and objectives consistent with the annual corporate objectives.
- Participate in production scheduling. Work with production scheduler to develop effective schedules that produce jobs as efficiently as possible while meeting customer’s requirements.
- Ensure that procedures are in place to effectively and efficiently produce error-free products.
- Keep abreast of technical developments; recommend capital projects/investments when appropriate.
- Interface with in-house ink technician to ensure inks are on hand to meet schedule requirements. Work with ink technician to develop corrective actions for ink related problems. Ensure ink technician estimates ink usage properly and works diligently to work off obsolete inks.
- Coordinate with Mida Graphics the purchase of gravure cylinders and flexo plates. Ensure Production Preparers notifies Mida Graphics and is provided with cylinder mileage on a per run basis for tracking of cylinder wear. Print Manager analyzes cylinder mileage data twice annually.
- Support and promote Suggestion System.
- Must have minimum of 5 years experience in flexible packaging printing.
- 4-year college degree or experience in a related field.
- Previous manufacturing supervisory experience required.
• Competitive salary and commission opportunities.
• Full benefits package.
Please reply using the following options with resume and salary requirements.
Mail Resume: Amgraph Packaging, Inc.
C/0: Human Resources Dept.
90 Paper Mill Road
Baltic, CT 06330
Email Resume: [email protected]
Apply Through Our: website
EOE/M/F/D/V Encouraged to Apply
Pre-Employment Drug Screen Required