The Engineering Manager’s primary objective is to lead, direct, and coordinate a team of engineers to successfully complete engineering projects, implement capital budgets, manage the installation of new equipment, and satisfy the evolving needs of manufacturing printed flexible packaging. This position also provides functional oversight for all aspects of Engineering.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of duties characteristic of this position:
- Manage a team of engineers for the needs of two manufacturing facilities.
- Develop key performance goals and manage the performance of the engineering team; Perform employee reviews and assessments.
- Assist with new employee onboarding and training program(s).
- Make a needs assessment to identify projects that will enhance the company’s capability and preserve its physical assets.
- Participate with senior management in the preparation of a capital budget.
- Prepare detailed project plans, timelines, cost estimates, ROI and financial analysis for capital projects and general projects for the plants following a logical pattern for the utilization of resources. Prepare capital project submissions as needed.
- Selects and coordinates work of contractors working on various phases of projects.
- Coordinate and review architectural and engineering drawings to ensure that specifications and regulations are being followed in the course of projects.
- Administer construction, maintenance, and repair project contracts.
- Manage technical projects including installation of equipment, commissioning, product and process trials, Factory & Plant Acceptance Tests (FAT &PAT) and equipment qualifications with internal departments and outside vendors. Support new equipment start-ups and ensure machinery meets budgeted performance.
- Manage facility operations, including security, facility equipment, and building/grounds management
- Work with the Maintenance and Repair department for the planning and execution of a quality preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiencies according to industry or manufacturer standards.
- Ensure OSHA compliance and enforces all company safety policies and monitors work habits of subordinates to minimize the frequency/severity of accidents.
- Responsible for layouts of office, production, and warehouse for most efficient use of space and workflow.
- Participate in engineering, production and M&R meetings to assist in the evaluation of manufacturing equipment designs, tooling, and engineering methods.
- Ensure that the business operation has the engineering/technical capability for meeting future business requirements.
- Assist in development of new tooling and equipment.
- Attend to daily operational issues with production and associated staff.
- Must exhibit a strong attention to detail in all aspects of role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or a related technical field of study.
- 10+ years of previous experience in engineering, project management experience a plus.
- General knowledge of manufacturing; knowledge of the printing and/or flexible packaging industry is preferred.
- Extensive experience working and performing in leadership roles; able to demonstrate strong motivational and team leading skills.
- Proficient in organizing and delegating assignments.
- Manufacturing and project costing experience.
- Proficient with AutoCAD software for development of layouts and electrical documentation.
- Strong computer skills in all MS office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.), and the ability to quickly learn software needed to perform specific job duties.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in numeric reasoning and mathematical skills.
- Able to think and act strategically.
- Demonstrates proactive decision-making skills.
- Remains flexible and concentrated when working under pressure.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Lean Manufacturing; Six Sigma Qualified.
- Salary Range: $110,000.00 – $135,000.00
- Generous benefits package to include Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K with employer contribution, paid vacation and 12 paid holidays.