Packaging can be instrumental in making a product succeed and boost a brand’s visibility. The visual appeal of a brand’s packaging is vital to attracting consumers. But the durability, strength and sustainability of packaging is as important as graphic appeal in retaining consumers. So, if packaging is so important, what should you consider when choosing the right packaging for your product?
1. Considerations when choosing packaging material and printing processes.
When picking the weight and thickness of your packaging material, it’s important to consider what will best protect and secure your product, but it’s also important to consider what materials and processes are best for the environment. For example: Has your brand tried water-based ink for your packaging? Water-based inks are durable AND environmentally friendly.
2. Research target audience values when considering packaging choices.
You may have a phenomenal product but if you choose packaging that’s not environmentally sustainable, you may find that consumers reject your product. Research your target audience and understand what they consider important. Is your product sustainable? Research has shown that consumers are becoming more environmentally conscious. According to the Harvard Business Review, “sustainability is now the key driver of innovation.” Consumers want the world to be livable for their children and grandchildren so they are more likely to choose brands that consider sustainability in their packaging.
3. Make sure your packaging will look good and travel well.
Your product may be sitting on a grocery store shelf amongst thousands of choices. To stand out in the crowd, you’ll want to focus on a killer print finish. But in addition to having a great design, your package will need to travel go from point A to B undamaged. Depending on your product weight and/or fragility you’ll want to focus on materials that are specifically designed for strength so they protect your product.
4. In packaging, size matters. Multiple package runs can save time and money.
If you have a product that comes in multiple sizes, you may want the flexibility to run multiple packages at one time. Multiple package runs will save time and money while ensuring the brand consistency that consumers expect throughout your product line.
The AMGRAPH Difference
At AMGRAPH we work with you to define your specific packaging need since no single option is right for everyone. We can work with you on everything from sustainable packaging options to new equipment setup.
AMGRAPH is committed to making sustainability a key consideration in all our decision-making processes. Understand the sustainable packaging options available:
- Recyclable: “Recyclable packaging is made of materials that can be used again, usually after processing.”
- Compostable: “Compostable means that a product is capable of disintegrating into natural elements in a compost environment, leaving no toxicity in the soil.”
- Biodegradable: ”Biodegradable refers to the ability of materials to break down and return to nature. In order for packaging products or materials to qualify as biodegradable, they must completely break down and decompose into natural elements within a short time after disposal – typically a year or less.”
Amgraph has focused on sustainable packaging solutions since 1984 and continues to work on developing these options. As world leaders in energy-efficient and environmentally friendly practices, AMGRAPH is guided by a green and earth-conscious policy in our products, operations, and workplace. Through dedication, innovation, and ongoing quality improvement, AMGRAPH stands behind what we do.
When you get new equipment, the setup can be stressful. AMGRAPH is here to help every step of the way. We can suggest ideal roll dimensions and structures and our customer even use our lab resources to check densities, test structures etc.
There are so many packaging options out there, so it’s important to take the time to consider all of your options before making your final decision.
At AMGRAPH, we work with you to help you design the best possible packaging for your products.