The Manufacturing Process Engineer’s primary objective is to provide technical assistance to the manufacturing operations in the form of process improvement, cost and waste reduction, manufacturing efficiency improvement, quality, and safety enhancement.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of duties characteristic of this position:
- Develops annual goals and objectives for process improvement and manages implementation of the process improvement strategy. Analyzes production trends to identify opportunities for improvement. Writes, performs, analyzes and reports on validations to support new and/or improved processes.
- Works with the manufacturing supervisors, production crews and maintenance to investigate and troubleshoot causes of ongoing process, quality, efficiency and high waste problems, then develops corrective actions to eliminate the problem.
- Initiates, documents and maintains procedures to safely increase manufacturing productivity, and reduce waste while maintaining product quality.
- Works with project engineers to identify new technologies and/ or equipment modifications to increase productivity and reduce waste, supported by documented justifications, ROI analysis and proper project/capital requests.
- Participates in the development and application of training procedures for machine operators on new equipment installations, equipment modifications and new or modified SOPs.
- Assists in ensuring HACCP, GMP’s, WIs and safe quality food system requirements are in compliance.
- Maintains safety as a priority.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Production Engineering or related technical field of study.
- 5+ years of previous experience in listed duties.
- General knowledge of manufacturing; knowledge of the printing and/or flexible packaging industry is preferred.
- Strong computer skills in all MS office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.), and the ability to quickly learn software needed to perform specific job duties.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding technical communication skills; experience drafting technical work instructions, procedures and the like.
- Proficiency in numeric reasoning and mathematical skills.
- Able to think and act strategically.
- Demonstrates proactive decision-making skills.
- Remains flexible and concentrated when working under pressure.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Lean Manufacturing; Six Sigma Qualified.
- $80,000.00 – $100,000.00
- Generous benefits package to include Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K with employer contribution, paid vacation and 12 paid holidays.