The Quality Technician’s primary objectives are to monitor the integrity and quality of products, investigate/track non-conformances and customer complaints and manage supplier compliance.
- Develop and track company quality goals
- Inspect goods or products according to quality and safety standards
- Ensure products comply with company standards as well as state and federal law
- Collect and Maintain Daily Retain Quality System
- Uses advanced test equipment to collect and analyze data and report of results
- Maintains and calibrates test equipment as needed
- Support Document Control database and Customer Complaint and Nonconformance systems
- Responsible for the non-conformance data accumulation, reporting date to and supporting managers in investigations into non-conformance issues.
- Customer Complaint Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting the customer complaint process including collecting data, assisting managers with investigations, and reporting findings to key personnel.
- Perform Customer Complaint Material Audits; test material for COF, repeat, width, etc.
- Manage and document supplier compliance, as directed by CSIE, through data collection and analysis.
- Support SQF processes.
- Responsible for maintaining quality procedures and processes through regular compliance testing.
- Hands-on position with significant time spent standing, bending, lifting while on manufacturing floor.
- Self-starter, initiates functional improvements with constant effort toward increased quality.
- General knowledge of manufacturing; knowledge of the printing and/or flexible packaging industry is strongly preferred.
- Professionalism in a collaborative work environment with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), analytical programs and the ability to quickly learn software needed to perform specific job duties.
- Proficiency in numeric reasoning and mathematical skills.
- Proficient in use of advanced testing equipment, data collection and analysis; ability to quickly learn and use advanced test equipment as needed to perform specific job duties.
- Demonstrates proactive decision-making skills.
- Remains flexible and focused when working under pressure.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills.
- Minimum 2 years quality technician experience preferred.
- Technical degree desired.
- $60,000.00 – $75,000.00
- Generous benefits package to include Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K with employer contribution, paid vacation and 12 paid holidays.